Why take out a borrower insurance?
When a lending institution is used to finance its projects, it may be prudent to purchase borrower insurance at the same time as its consumer credit, especially if the borrowed capital is large. It offers coverage for daily claims. Pre-finance gives you valuable information to fuel your thinking and allow you to make the right choice.
What is a borrower insurance? Definition.
A borrower insurance is optional and is offered at the same time as your loan offer to secure your loan and protect your family in the event of death (DC), disability and temporary incapacity for work (ITT) of the subscriber.
It can protect you if you suffer a loss and it takes over your repayments if the conditions are met in accordance with the terms of the contract.
Thanks to this option, your loved ones will not have to assume the monthly payments of the total amount remaining due of your loan. This shelters your home and protects you from a difficult financial situation.
Which borrower insurance to choose?
This insurance can be applied to all consumer loans and is open to subscribers and co-borrowers regardless of their age (within the limits of the insurance contract)
At Pre-finance, we have developed several specific financing insurance products to meet your needs. What advise you and accompany you from A to Z in your financing project:
- Securivie is a personal loan borrower insurance and works,
- Securivie Vehicle is a credit insurance borrower car, motorcycle, camper, caravan,
- Assur’Agil is a borrower insurance repurchase credit and revolving credit.
Having a single contact saves you time and facilitates all your steps! Our advisers can guide you and provide you with more detailed information by phone, chat, email or directly in one of our 20 agencies located throughout France.
What guarantees with a borrower insurance?
Wondering what coverage this highly recommended option can offer you? It protects you financially against risks:
- Of Death (DC),
- Permanent and Total Invalidity (IPT – this is why sometimes it is a question of “invalidity insurance”),
- Total and Irreversible Loss of Autonomy (PTIA),
- As well as Total Temporary Incapacity of Work (ITTT).
In addition, it is supplemented by assistance at home, hospitalization, etc.
It is important to check the information sheet carefully as these warranties are subject to conditions (referred to as warranty exclusions) and may vary depending on your age, personal situation and borrowed capital . A grace period (also known as a waiting period) may be applicable and minors can not be insured.
How does credit insurance work?
To benefit from this protection, it will obviously be necessary to subscribe to this service.
It is strongly recommended to contract it at the same time as your loan. But if you are currently repaying a consumer loan without insurance borrower, you can add this option now, within the limit of 3 months after the subscription.
Its operation is very simple: you must subscribe this option (after completing your credit form which will be the subject of monthly contributions, the latter being added to the monthly payments of your loan.
How to calculate the cost of the borrower insurance?
Several solutions are available to you :
- You can contact us and request a quote that will be sent to you by post or email. Or
- When you use the online calculator when simulating your loan, you get a credit insurance proposal under the credit offer. The indicated amount of the contribution is communicated to you for information only and may be adjusted according to your personal data which will be communicated to us on the subscription path of the personal loan. The cost of insurance varies according to the initial capital borrowed and the age of the subscriber. The insurance contribution is fixed in time and is levied monthly What good to control your budget from the start.
Pre-finance: a complete range of provident products for your daily life and projects
With nearly 70 years of experience in private financing, we have developed financial solutions to help households and homes to equip themselves, to realize their projects or to meet the needs of money. With you since 1951, we confirm our commitment and our advisory service with a range of complementary insurances : loss of employment (Budget Guarantee), hospitalization (Hospitalization and Hospitalization Provision), injuries (Accident Solution Plan and Injury Guarantee) and legal protection (“Essential” or “Integral” version and protection of reputation) to enable you to cope with all situations of everyday life.